Author Topic: Does Maze Creator Support the MAC OS?  (Read 33869 times)

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
Does Maze Creator Support the MAC OS?
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »
Although some of our clients have proven that Maze Creator runs under PC emulation on a MAC, Maze Creator cannot support this installation.  You are welcome to install the software on a MAC an purchase a license.  The only help we can offer is the following message from a client that got this working:

--------------------------------------------------------
Code: [Select]
Dear Greg,

Everything is up and running well.

Now to details:

First trial.

eMac running Mac OS X Version 10.2.4
Processor: 800 MHz PowerPC G4
Memory: 256 MB

running Virtual PC 5 with update: 5.0.4 and 140 MB RAM allocated running Windows ME.
Internal Modem.
***********************************************************************************************************
PowerPC Macintosh G3 running Mac OS 9.2.2
Memory: 96 MB
Virtual Memory: 150 MB

running Virtual PC 4 with 40 MB RAM allocated running Windows 98 SE.
External Modem running at between 28800 and 36000.
***************************************************************************************************
In both cases the set up for downloading Maze Creator is the same and the same as for a straight Windows computer.

Ensure that you have VirtualPC set up to access the internet, access to shared folders or that you can print directly to your printer.

Open your dial-up (Internet Connect or Remote Access) so that your computer is logged on to your ISP.

Start up VirtualPC and Internet Explorer. Log on to the Maze Creator pages.

All the rest is the same as for a windows computer.

If your virtualPC has shared folders setup then mazes may be saved to these folders on the Macintosh and used/opened in other applications such as a photo application or inserted into a MSWord file (after saving in a different format eg JPG).

The main problem I had was my phone connection to the modem kept dropping out this morning and I had to allocate more memory to VirtualPC as the browser and downloading was taking too much memory. My G3 only has 96MB and therefore I could only allocate 40 MB to VirtualPC when I set it up. MacOS 9x allows you to allocate more memory to an application through File - Get Info - Memory. MacOS X allocates more when it is needed.

I would suggest that people make sure they can surf the web from their browser in VirtualPC before they try downloading anything as this will help eliminate problems beforehand.

Regards,
Marilyn

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
Re: Does Maze Creator Support the MAC OS?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:50:07 PM »
A recent client has reported that Crossover works for MazeCreator on the Mac.

I think this is the link to the product:
https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac