Author Topic: path size  (Read 32272 times)

mary

path size
« on: September 30, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »
I am trying out the std version and wanted to make a maze a particlar shape, for example the shape of a sheep. In order to get an accurate shape, I need to set the template for the maze to have many small squares. When it is time to generate the maze, is there a way to adjust the width of the path of the maze so that it can be wider? I need to do this because I would like to create a maze for very young children.

Thanks for your help.

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
Re: path size
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »
Hi Mary,

If I understand your question, you should be able to set the "Dimensions" to make the maze have less detail or more by decreasing or increasing the Cells Wide/Long in the Maze Creator Settings, it is one of the tabs of that dialog box (Style you see by default).  There is another tab that lets you set the "PAGE" Width & Height.  That one is next to the Dimensions tab in the same Settings dialog box.

Hopefully that is what you were trying to do.  I would suggest if you are creating sheep, you might want to start with a mask of a sheep to speed up the process of creating the maze.  What you need is a picture of a sheep and an image editing tool such as PhotoShop (Paint can do it too).   Set sections in the picture to white that you want removed, set section you want set to black in the template to black.  Most colors between white and black will be considered the maze template.  Check out the template galary built into Maze Creator for examples.  There is some information in the manual as well.  If you have a sheep picture, you can email it to me and I will help you convert it to a mask for Maze Creator.

Regards,
Greg Peatfield
Maze Creator Author