Author Topic: Directed Solution Revisited  (Read 33195 times)

Bud

Directed Solution Revisited
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:54:01 AM »
Hi Greg. haven't posted for quite a while, but I am still interested in being able to create a single thread, single start, multiple stop maze with the solution going thru the stops in a predetermined path. 

Thanks

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
Re: Directed Solution Revisited
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 12:38:52 AM »
Hi Bud,

Have you tried the "My Solution" tool?  I know it is a little difficult to use, but should allow you to draw your own solution that can go from start to stop to stop to stop.  Try this out, any ideas on making this tool more user friendly would be helpful.  Works for me, but I designed it and know how maze creator uses the tool....

Regards,
Greg

Bud

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:36:59 AM »
Greg:  Yes, I have tried the "My Solution" tool, and it does the job, but it is a little difficult to get the same randomness in the solution, also if you make a mistake and don't catch it until you "solve" you have to redraw.  How about this:  have the "My Solution" tool respond in segments, click where you want to start, and then click on each stop in order of the desired solution?

Thanks for listening.

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 02:01:12 AM »
Bud,

Let me think about this feature.  I think what you are asking is a little different from the feature as it is today.  The current feature allows the "solution" to follow a specific path.  I think what you are requesting is that the solution pass through certain points, you don't care how it gets there as long as it is required.  Do I understand this right?

What do you think it should do if you "cutoff" a solution.  You zig-zag enough and now it isn't possible to get to that location?

-Greg

Bud

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 11:23:50 PM »
You are correct, I don't care how it gets to the points.  I had thought about the cutoff problem also.  I suppose you could just skip that point or send a message back to the user to try again (with colorful language if desired).  But I have played with this quite a bit, and doesn't happen all that much.  With careful planning, it is almost completly avoidable.  You could even place a limit on the number of intermediate points if that is what is needed. 

Thanks

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 04:42:53 PM »
You are correct, I don't care how it gets to the points.  I had thought about the cutoff problem also.  I suppose you could just skip that point or send a message back to the user to try again (with colorful language if desired).  But I have played with this quite a bit, and doesn't happen all that much.  With careful planning, it is almost completly avoidable.  You could even place a limit on the number of intermediate points if that is what is needed. 
Ah Colorful Language, yes.  This is not as easy as I thought it would be to implement.  I have been restructuring the internals of Maze Creator to help facilitate this and other advances.  I think the ability to go Over/Under will help a lot in this area.  I am still working on being able to FORCE it not to Jump as that may not be desired in some cases.  I will keep you up-to-date on this one.

-Greg

Bud

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »
AAHHH- - The life of a programmer.  I appreciate your time and effort.