Author Topic: Cilindrical 3D Maze  (Read 19166 times)

PEU

Cilindrical 3D Maze
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:16:37 AM »
Hi Greg,

As promised I registered to remind you of the suggestion/questions I made via direct mail. What Im trying to accomplish is a cilindrical seamless maze like this one:

The nut has a small pin that only allows to move from top to bottom via the maze.

I want to machine similar mazes on my CNC mill with 4th Axis capabilities.

Here is a video of the setup in action: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1677737ycKXdXsg

To make translation from image/paper to code it would be great to plot the path instead of the walls, or if this is impossible, to be able to plot all the available paths as lines. Straight angles are OK, no need to smooth the angles.

Well, I think for an introduction is enough, if you have questions, I will try to answer them  :D

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Have a Nice year!

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
Re: Cilindrical 3D Maze
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »
Hi PEU,

What a neat project!  I have made a test version of Maze Creator and have come up with this sample images attached.

One is the actual maze and the other is the solution that wraps around the left & right edges.

Is this okay, I am not sure what needs to be done to convert it to code for your CNC machine.  Please give me feedback on how close this is to what you are looking to get from Maze Creator?

Thanks,
Greg Peatfield
Maze Creator Author