Author Topic: TILER Feedback  (Read 20494 times)

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
TILER Feedback
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:28:37 PM »
Hi All,

I am looking for your feedback on the TILER.  This is the feature that allows you to make mazes our of train tracks, brick, walk-way images, etc.  I haven't heard much about this feature.  I only have one customer drawn TILER added to the gallery.  Does anyone use this feature?  Is there anything missing?  What do you like and dislike?

Thanks,
Greg Peatfield
Maze Creator Author

Bud

Re: TILER Feedback
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »
Actually, I have used the train tilers a couple times, and my students were quite impressed, but I only use them for special circumstances.

Wildyfe

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 06:04:30 PM »
I would like to know how create new tilers to add to the gallery.

Maze Creator

• Maze Creator
  • Administrator
    • Maze Creator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 07:46:33 PM »
Hi,

I have been working on a Tiler manual.  It is in Draft form and will give you some insite.  The only thing to remember is really the graphic "chunks" that you will develop.  How this has been done by other creators (including myself) is to figure out how big a TILE will be in the finished product.  A 100x100 pixel Tile is about a good size, but really it can be bigger or smaller depending upon what you are trying to create.  Just keep in mind, most color printers will print at 300x300 DPI or 3x3 tiles/inch.  If you make a tile 300x300, you will get 8 across and 11 down at best at full resolution.

You will need a minimum of 16 tiles, one for each combination of North, South, East, and West.  Look at page 5 of the attached DRAFT document.  You can see the different combinations and the final TILER format which is simply all the Tiles place in a matrix in a final image.  The N,S,E & W paths need to connect to look correct, that is, the N of one should match the S of all the others.  Maze Creator creates a maze and then selects the appropriate Tile and copies it to the output device.

Also, review the sample to see how it works.  Please let me know if you need help or advise.

Regards,
Greg Peatfield
Maze Creator Author